We are located in São Paulo's North Coast, in the kilometer 36 of the highway BR-101 (Rio-Santos Road), between the cities of Ubatuba-SP and Paraty-RJ. There are only two ways to arrive at Itamambuca Eco Resort by car. Coming from the south, through the coast of São Paulo, or from the north, through BR-101 Rio de Janeiro coast. It is also possible to arrive by the sea or by the air.
aRRIVING FROM THE SOUTH - SIDE OF SÃO PAULO´S BR-101
There are three access possibilities to São Paulo's North Coast:
1. Take to the Tamoio's highway (SP-099), in São José dos Campos, in the way to Caraguatatuba and go down the Serra do Mar mountain range. When arriving at Caraguatatuba, take to Rio-Santos' highway (SP-055) in direction to Ubatuba. When arriving in Ubatuba, do not enter the city center; follow the way to Paraty/Rio de Janeiro for 12 Km until Itamambuca. This is the most usual route and, because of this, with more traffic and obstacles.
2. Take to the Oswaldo Cruz highway (SP-125), in Taubaté, in the way to Ubatuba, go down the Serra do Mar mountain range. When arriving at Ubatuba, do not enter the city center; follow the way to Paraty/Rio de Janeiro for 12 Km until Itamambuca. Theoretically, by having less traffic, this is the fastest route, but be prepared, the 7 km of the Serra do Mar mountain range presents some very closed curves, for some people this is apprehensive, for others it’s a different way to enjoy a historical highway and be in contact with the Atlantic forest.
3. Take to the Rio-Santos highway (SP-055) in Santos or Bertioga, drive through the whole North Coast of São Paulo, going through São Sebastião and Caraguatatuba, until you arrive at Ubatuba. When arriving in Ubatuba, do not enter to the city center; follow the way to Paraty/Rio de Janeiro for 12 Km until Itamambuca. In spite of having some beautiful extracts, we do not recommend this route because it is excessively long and much more longstanding. Enjoy your time and energy in BR-101 more dazzling extract, the near region of Itamambuca.
ARRIVING FROM THE NORTH - RIO DE JANEIRO BR-101 SIDE
There are two main accesses to those who come from Rio de Janeiro South Coast:
1. Take to the Rio-Santos highway (BR-101) in the city of Rio de Janeiro, in the way to Angra dos Reis/Paraty/São Paulo, drive through the whole Rio de Janeiro South Coast, going through Mangaratiba, Angra dos Reis and Paraty. After the border between the States of São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, drive more 36 Km until Itamambuca. This is the most usual way for those who come from Rio de Janeiro city and from other regions in the north of Itamambuca.
2. Take to the RJ-155 highway in Barra Mansa, or the RJ-145 highway in Piraí, in the way to Rio Claro-RJ/Angra dos Reis. Drive through the RJ-155, going through Rio Claro-RJ until the interchange with BR-101. Take to the Rio-Santos highway (BR-101) in the way to Paraty/São Paulo, go through the BR-101 passing by Paraty. After the border between the States of São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, drive more 36 Km until Itamambuca. This route is less usual, but can be interesting in cases of intense traffic or for those who come from some regions in the north, like Minas Gerais.
Distances to Itamambuca Eco Resort
- Ubatuba: 12 km
- Caraguatatuba: 65 km
- Paraty: 62 km
- Taubaté: 105 km
- São José dos Campos: 150 km
- São Paulo: 240 km
- Rio de Janeiro (centro): 315 km
- Rio de Janeiro (Barra): 290 km
- Belo Horizonte: 650 km
- Curitiba: 650 km
* The distances have been obtained with Google Maps.
Brazil comprehends four different time zones. Ubatuba’s Region is situated 3 hours backwards from the Greenwich Meridian.
Itamambuca Eco Resort Coordinates – GPS
Latitude: 23º 24,17' S
Longitude: 45º 00,84' W
Google Maps pattern: -23.402852, -45.014082
Itamambuca Eco Resort address:
Itamambuca Eco Resort
Rua Manoel Soares Silva, 755 - Praia de Itamambuca
Ubatuba - SP
ZIP CODE 11680-000